Mentor Level 3 Application & Renewal
We warmly welcome Integral Way Mentors to your Renewed Commitment to the Integral Way. Your dedication to self-inspection, self-refinement, simplicity and balance contributes calm serenity to life, society and the world. Achieving world peace becomes a true possibility.
A: INTEGRAL WAY ANNUAL STATEMENT OF DEDICATION
As a Mentor of the Taoist tradition, known as the Integral Way, I dedicate my life to cultivating my essential nature and to helping others do the same. I will assess the physical, mental/emotional, financial, moral, and spiritual aspects of my life, and where necessary, make changes in order to cultivate balance. As I gradually move away from superficiality and strive for simplicity, my ultimate goal is to realize the peaceful harmonization of all the areas in my life. I will try to do my best to avoid negative, destructive behavior because this lowers my spiritual energy. I will not abuse my life or the life of others. I will not engage in the inappropriate use of drugs or alcohol. I do not encourage any form of internal, social, or political disharmony. Instead, I seek to clear my mind and unite with the calm presence of my being in order to influence my circle of family and friends in a gentle, positive way. I will do my best to express the virtuous qualities inherent in my heart. I will do my best to cultivate kindness, selflessness, courage, fairness, honesty and contentment. These qualities reside deep within me - I intend to awaken these integral parts of my spiritual nature. I make myself available to these virtuous qualities and forgive myself when I do not live up to my own expectations. At every stage of my growth, I remember that true cultivation occurs when I gather good, balanced energy within and use it to positively serve humanity. Thus, my service to the world will become an integral part of my self-cultivation. I allow myself to adapt to ongoing changes in the world. I wholeheartedly embrace and honor my physical life, and I wholeheartedly embrace and honor my awakening to the subtle experiences of my spiritual light. I commit to integrating both outer and inner realms as one. I am ready to continue to develop my deep understanding of the teachings of the Integral Way, which resulted from the keen observations and intuitions of sagely women and men of Tao. They recognized the deep harmony in Nature and sought to balance their own lives in accordance with it. With deep sincerity, I now dedicate myself to cultivating positive energy in my life and to helping others embrace positive energy in their lives.
B: UNDERSTANDING “THE VOW TO TAOIST SPIRITUAL LIVING"
This Vow is a required commitment that every Level 3 Mentor must take and sign. Sometimes a good person may make a mistake and become temporarily sidetracked from the high spiritual nature. If you feel you have strayed from the right direction, recalibrate and get back on course immediately. This Vow helps serve as both a goal, a commitment and a gentle reminder. When you become a Level 3 Mentor, you now fully represent the Integral Way tradition. The essential difference in your Level 3 Mentorship vow is the following: “I respect the Heavenly Heart of all teachers of all generations of the Integral Way Tradition. Mentors at Level 3 can be inspired by other teachers and teachings but recognize that their primary spiritual focus is the Integral Way Tradition.” This deeper commitment is required and necessary, especially if one is studying the upper levels of ATP, Levels 20 - 36, where the cultivations are more esoteric and technically specific to this ancient Integral Way Tradition. The Annual Statement of Dedication and the Vow to Taoist Spiritual Living represent your sincere, humble, and honored commitment. What you have gained from the teachings, at any point, must be reflected by an impeccable standard of behavior which arises from your innermost spiritual center. Selflessness must be your guide as you serve, teach, and lead. You must proceed with integrity, and with your students’ best interest at the forefront of your awareness. The Law of Energy Response always gives back what is due. Level 3 requires that the Integral Way encompasses your whole life and is your “primary path to the subtle realm.”
“To follow many religious teachings is confusing.
To follow their essence is useful.
To follow some plain truth of nature is best.
Too many methods bewilder.
Use only one path to the subtle realm.”
I Ching The Book of Changes and the Unchanging Truth,
Hexagram 58 Commentary, p 567, by Hua-Ching Ni
MY VOW TO TAOIST SPIRITUAL LIVING
1. With deepest sincerity, I solemnly Vow to primarily follow the highest Integral Way Tradition which is the path toward Spiritual Immortality as elucidated by OmNi and Drs. Mao and Dao.
2. I will value and entirely embrace the wisdom of all generations of the spiritual development of the Integral Way Tradition more than any of my own ego-driven personal interests.
3. I will follow the moral instruction and uphold the virtue illuminated by this Tradition. Thus, I will avoid egotistical thoughts, speech, behavior, selfishness, and greed.
4. I will use my learning from the Integral Way Tradition to build my spiritual merit. I will financially support myself without expecting to be supported financially by the College of Tao, its teachers, or any of its partner organizations.
5. I will learn to respect the Heavenly Heart of all teachers, of all generations of the Integral Way Tradition, and Mentors at Level 3 can be inspired by other teachers and teachings but recognize that their primary spiritual focus is the Integral Way Tradition.
6. I will only teach the Ni family COT courses and CHI Health Movements forms when I am certified through the COT. I can teach other non-COT classes, but I teach them separately and acknowledge their different sources.
7. I will work to earn respect from others by serving them well.
8. I will lead by my virtuous example, in accordance with the teachings of the Heavenly Way booklet
9. I will listen with all of my being to the Truth in others, as well as within myself.
10. I accept that the Integral Way Tradition exists for all students and teachers, not for any one individual.
11. I will keep the transmission of this lineage pure, in spiritual Truth that comes through me, so as not to tarnish the Integral Way Tradition or lessen it for generations to come.
12. I acknowledge the operation of the Law of Universal Energy Response in my life. I will carefully observe the response to my actions and life direction, and will remain vigilant for any signs of error. I will aim to correct any error before trouble falls upon me or others. If I do not correct myself, I will accept my due.
13. I acknowledge that any misuse of the knowledge, teachings, methods, techniques, or my position as Taoist Mentor, other titles, certifications, offices, and powers associated with the Integral Way Tradition would cause serious harm to others and invite serious trouble, consequences, and retribution into my life in accordance with the Law of Universal Energy Response. I could also be stripped of my position and certification as a Taoist Mentor of the Integral Way Tradition.
14. I make this vow in the presence of the Universal Divine One (Tao), Heaven and Earth, the Master of the Integral Way Tradition, my fellow Mentors, and with the signing of my name.
C: SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Legally, a tax-exempt religious organization (like College of Tao and the Mentorship Program) cannot endorse or promote a political candidate or movement. This extends to social media. Naturally, you are allowed your private opinions and personal vote. One can advocate for spiritual freedom but Mentors of the Integral Way do not advance political positions or promote political views. This has been the posture of the Integral Way Tradition for millennia. Therefore, we strive to remain non-judgmental.
“If you wish to recognize the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.
To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind.”
from Hsin Hsin Ming’s treatise, Cultivating Pure Mind,
in Taoist Inner View, Chapter 19, by Hua-Ching Ni
Renewal Application Follows Mentor Application